Pages

8.04.2013

I should be sleeping.

This is probably going to be a recurring theme throughout the school year.. the most productive time of day for me is after my bed time (no, I don't actually have a bed time).

I came home from work tonight and decided that I couldn't wait any longer to create my blog! So many of my friends are active in the "blogworld" and I've come across so many other teacher blogs recently via twitter! 

Here is a little bit about me:
  • I knew my blog title had to somehow be sports related. 
    • I grew up on the baseball field, so the Rookie theme was perfect! 
    • After all, it is going to be a year full of firsts!
  • I love pink and green. (Even before I became a Delta Zeta!) 
  • I'm from a small town and wouldn't have it any other way. 
    • Friday Night Football is very important! 
  • I read twitter instead of books. 
  • I love the beach!! I got to go for the first time this summer!
  • I enjoy playing volleyball.. I coach too!
  • Both of my parents are teachers, neither in math! 
  • I'm still really close to quite a few of my high school friends...almost all of us went into education. 
    • I'm ecstatic that we are all starting this journey together! 
  • I'm not planning on my classroom looking like a high school classroom at all. 
    • I hate when desks are in rows. Students need to be in groups of 3 or more, if at all possible. 
    • Most of my decorations are very colorful. I do have tan walls, but hopefully there won't be much left of the walls once the decorating is done! 
    • I will post pictures soon! 
  • I love helping kids discover things, rather than just lecturing at them. 
  • I loved to color in high school...my students will have plenty of opportunities. 
I have a lot to do this coming week! It will be a week of firsts! Hopefully I'll get to write about all of them here! 

Shelby

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelby! It's Emily from the Xi Phi chapter. :) You should add the google friend connect tool so I can follow along! Good luck teaching and decorating your classroom. Can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete